Monday, August 10, 2009

The Weekly Deals 8/10/09


Good Morning...


I’m linking up with Rhoda over at Today's Thrifty Treasures at Southern Hospitality.
I loved looking at what everyone found and getting so many great ideas.

Things were kinda slow this weekend at my house.. But I did mange to pick up 2 things at my local Goodwill.

A few weeks ago I painted an older pink ironing board black. I had it sitting in the the Florida room so that I can look at it. lol Well, my 12 year old son decided it was a surf board and tried to get on top of it.. little to say it broke. I look at target and walmart for a new one ... and OH MY LORD... they are over $20 bucks each.. I was so surprised that they go for that much.. While at Goodwill I found this brown one.. I couldn't find the price on it so the man in the back... How much is this? He said well since the cover it missing I will but $1.01 on it.. I said YAY BABY .. SOLD!! lol he looked at my like I was crazy.. lol but I didn't care.


~BEFORE~

I spray painted the little red self black and put it on my desk... LUVEEE IT!

~AFTER~


2 comments:

brokeintrovert said...

Shelf looks very cute on your desk.

I have an old wooden ironing board that my father dug out of the garbage in the 1960s. My mother gave it to me when it became too heavy to lift for her. I love it.

Create in me a clean heart O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Psalm 51:10 said...

Love the little shelf re-do! It's perfect for the top of your desk. Did you use a straight black paint or oil rubbed bronze?