Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Grocery Cart Challenge 7/28/09



~The Grocery Cart Challenge~

I read every one's wonderful deals they get buying groceries. And I tell myself every time I can do that. Here is a short story.. I'm a wife and a mother of 2 starving boys . (well the way they go thru food you would think they were) I spend an average of $150.00 a week on a family of 4, I just buy what everyone likes and don't look for deals and sales. eeekkk what a waste. Times are tough and we need to save. So I thought what I would do first if cut the $150.00 in half. That would be $75.00 per week. God help me I know I can get this down to $50.00. I was looking through the cabinets and told myself I don't need to buy a lot this week. I don't cut coupons even tho I should. But I'm trying to start. I was so happy about my savings I could scream. I came home and told hubby all about it. ( he wasn't as thrilled as me ) He only said WOW you like going grocery shopping now... I said YAY BABY!!! I know it looks like a lot of junk food. But I going to empty out what I have stoked piled first...

Below are the details of my Kroger trip...

1 - Case of Kroger water
2 - Gallons of Milk
2 - Sunny D Smoothie
2 - Kroger 5 lbs. ground beef rolls
2 - Tostitos Salsa
1 - 2 liter Coke
1 - 2 liter Sprite
2 - Bottles of Kraft salad dressing
1 - Tostitos cheese dip
1 - jar banana peppers
2 - jars of Peanut Butter
1 - Tube crest toothpaste
2 - packs of ground turkey
1 - pack Hot dogs
1 - box Special K bars
6 - frozen pizza's
2 - packs cheese
1 - bag Tostitos


Grand Total of $53.19

****YOUR KROGER SAVINGS TODAY****
MFG CPN SAVINGS $12.60
STR CPN & KRO PLUS SAVINGS $19.34
TOTAL COUPONS $31.94
TOTAL SAVINGS (38 PTS) $31.94
****YOUR KROGER SAVINGS TODAY****

2 comments:

Monica said...

Great job! I love shopping at Kroger too.

Savings Ninja said...

Looks like you're off to a good start! Keep it up, it gets even easier as you go along, and sooner or later your husband will catch on to how much good stuff you're getting for LESS money then before, and he will start being excited too :) They come around eventually!